Pool Heaters have been used for years to heat your pool or spa for optimum use. The overall efficiency of the average pool heater has improved over the last 20+ years. The average efficiency of an old gas heater used to be about 72%. That means that 72% of the heat generated by the heater is able to transfer to the water moving through it. The rest of the heat generated is lost and wasted. The new heaters of today by in large are rated at about 82%.
If you are replacing a heater that is already installed at your pool I would suggest that you replace it with the same brand heater in most cases. This is because the gas line and plumbing lines will most likely be in the same places and make the installation easier and less expensive. For instance, if your gas line comes in to the right of your old heater and the new heater has it come in to the left, you will need to run the gas line behind the heater and around to the other side (Some units do allow you to remove and reverse the manifold to the other side to avoid this issue). This is expensive and inconvenient, especially if the plumbing does not match up either.
With that said, you should evaluate the efficiency, gas line options, and how the unit is plumbed before you decide on the right unit to install.
Sta Rite heaters are lightweight and have reversible headers. They use a fan to help transfer heat to the water going through the heater.
Max-E-Therm is the lightest heater in its category, with best-in-class energy efficiency*. It features an LED temperature readout with dual thermostat controls, temperature safety lockout and a six-position control panel for easy operation.
- Lightweight—lightest heater in its class
- Easy to switch—change gas sources with installation of separate orifice
- Environmentally friendly—all units are low NOx
- Rustproof housing—sleek, matte-black enclosure is made of Dura-Glas®, an exclusive Sta-Rite® material that handles the heat and weathers the elements
- Lower operating costs—84% efficiency rating, rated first in its class for highest energy efficiency
- Custom or retrofit—directly connects to Sta-Rite System:3® Mod Media Filter or easily fits other systems
- Certified for outdoor and indoor installations
*Standard Copper Heat Exchanger 84% efficient. Heavy-Duty (HD) Cupro-Nickel Heat Exchanger 82% efficient.
Sta Rite Heater Options
Hayward’s pool heater saves money by being the most energy efficient solution for any pool/spa. It’s designed for ultimate performance, comfort and durability while being environmentally responsible. For rapid comfort, we offer the Universal solution.
The Universal H-Series is an energy efficient, high performance, installation adaptable commitment to the pool service professional.
- Standard cupro nickel heat exchanger
- Excellent salt water and chemical corrosion resistance
- Exclusive “Totally Managed” cupro nickel heat exchanger water flow
- Same water velocity through all tubes for faster heating
- Patented header by-pass design
- Up to 18 percent savings by reducing pump run-time
- 2in x 2 1/2in CPVC union plumbing connections
- Common union for installation or service, adapts to larger plumbing recommended for greater efficiencies
- Low NOx emissions – meets clean air quality standards
Hayward Heater Options
All the Efficiency, Convenience and Reliability You Want in a Gas-fired Heater
As easy to use as your home-heating system, MasterTemp has user-friendly indicator lights that make system operation and monitoring a snap. The compact design and quiet operation won’t intrude on your swimming and poolside enjoyment.
- Heats up fast, so no long waits before enjoying your pool or spa
- Best-in-class energy efficiency*
- Manual gas shutoff when service is required
- Eco-friendly MasterTemp is certified for low NOx emission and outperforms industry standards
- Rotating digital display allows for easy viewing
- Tough, rustproof exterior handles the heat and weathers the elements
* Standard copper heat exchanger 84% efficient. Heavy-duty (HD) cupro-nickel heat exchanger 82% efficient.
Pentair Heater Options