Cartridge Filters Are Great For Many Reasons.
- They do not require Diatomaceous Earth or any other add in product for proper filtration
- They only need to be cleaned on average two to four times per year
- They are usually easy to take apart and put back together
- They remove a very small particle (down to 9-11 microns) which is smaller than we can see
- They provide crystal clear pool water with the least amount of effort
As far as size goes, it depends on how many gallons your pool is and how often you want to clean your filter. Anything up to 20,000 gallons can use the 300-350 sq. ft. filter systems and you will most likely need to clean them every 3-6 months (depending on how much dirt and debris enters your pool). If you went with a 420-450 sq. ft. filter for the same size pool with the same amount of debris, you could expect 1-2 months longer in between cleanings. A 30,000 gallon pool needs at least the 420-450 sq. ft. filter and a 40,000 gallon pool needs at least the 520-580 sq. ft. system. With that said, there are many brands to choose from. Any brand will do the job but here are my favorites.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Waterway Cartridge Filter Systems
The only cartridge filter on the market with 2 1/2″ internal piping, improves flow and reduces system noise when using 2 1/2″, 2″ or 1 1/2″ plumbing. Using four cartridge elements, the Crystal Water Cartridge Filter offers a superior choice for easy maintenance and crystal clear, clean water.
Waterway 325 Sq. Ft
Waterway 425 Sq. Ft.
Waterway 525 Sq. Ft.
Pentair Cartridge Filter Systems
Four Hard-working Cartridges Keep Pool Water Clear
Clean & Clear Plus Cartridge Filters have a corrosion-resistant, injection-molded, fiberglass-reinforced, polypropylene filter tank featuring superior strength and reliability. The cartridge assembly uses four, non-woven, polyester cartridges. There is no need for backwashing. Simply remove the cartridges and rinse with a garden hose, reducing water consumption.
- Clamp ring for easy and quick access to cartridges
- Single-piece fiberglass-reinforced polypropylene tank for strength and corrosion resistance
- 2″ plumbing for maximum flow and faster water cleaning
- Easy access 1ó” drain makes proper winterization fast and simple
Easy To Maintain
The fiberglass-reinforced tank halves are secured with an innovative clamp ring—just loosen the ring and remove the top half for easy cartridge access and rinsing. Filter maintenance doesn’t get any easier.
The Clean & Clear Plus filter’s design provides maximum filter surface area to capture more dirt and solids and stretch out time between cleanings. Plus, we use the most durable materials to extend cartridge life. The Clean & Clear Plus filter delivers commercial-grade performance that keeps pools clean and sparkling, day in and day out.
Pentair 320 Sq. Ft
Pentair 420 Sq. Ft.
Pentair 520 Sq. Ft.
Sta Rite Filter Systems
A New Class of Noncartridge Filtration
No longer using “cartridges,” Sta-Rite’s advanced technology has brought an entirely new class of filtration to your pool. The modular media concept incorporates the latest in media science, perfectly balanced flow, and an integral manifold design: namely, ultra-capacity filtration. This filtration concept puts totally care-free operation within reach. Modular filter tanks allow for quick change of filter medias without changing the tank. Contemporary style and matte black finish look attractive in any pool setting.
- Typical installation—in-ground pools, in-ground hot tubs and water features
- Durable, two-piece tank housing constructed of Dura-Glas™, the leading glass-reinforced composite resin
- The innovative balanced flow design is the standard of the industry
- Complete media coverage combined with shallow pleats means greater dirt-holding capabilities for longer filter cycles and less cleaning
- Simply hose off the elements in a matter of minutes—makes servicing a snap
- Dual drain plugs—side plug available for plumbing to waste, and bottom plug drains entire filter
Sta Rite 300 Sq. Ft.
Sta Rite 450 Sq. Ft.
Jandy/Zodiac Cartridge Filter Systems
The benchmark for large cartridge filtration
The design of the CL Cartridge Filter takes advantage of the filter’s total surface area, providing the clearest water possible and extended cleaning cycles. Enjoy the clear water of your pool and spa while the CL filter works for you.
This filter handles high flow rates with optimum hydraulic performance. CL large cartridge filters are technologically advanced and constructed with corrosion resistant polymeric materials for long-lasting performance. Universal unions make filter installation easy.
- Easily connects to Jandy® Pro Series pumps and equipment
- Easy-grip handles on the tank lid make filter installation and cleaning easy
- Unique pressure gauge indicator can be customized for each pool
- Optional anchor brackets easily attach to the filter tank and mount to the pad to hold the filter securely in place (sold separately)
- Available in 340-, 460-, and 580-square-foot models
Jandy 340 Sq. Ft.
Jandy 460 Sq. Ft.
Jandy 580 Sq. Ft.
Hayward Cartridge Filter Systems
SwimClear cartridge filters provide the most energy efficient flow and save up to 2,500 gallons of water per year by eliminating the need to backwash. SwimClear filters offer a choice of 225, 325, 425, 525 and 700 sq. ft. of heavy duty dirt holding capacity and extra-long filter cycle.
- Top manifold configuration provides excellent filtration and hydraulic performance for reduced cost of operation
- Cleanable cartridge elements eliminate the requirement for backwashing
- Filter tanks are made from the most durable materials to meet the demands of the toughest applications and environmental conditions
- High capacity, rapid release manual air relief valve bleeds air with a quick quarter turn of the lever
- Heavy-duty, tamper-proof, one piece flange clamp securely fastens tank top and bottom and allows quick access to all internal components
Hayward 330 Sq. Ft.
Hayward 430 Sq. Ft.
Hayward 530 Sq. Ft.